Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Gaga & Xtina's "Do What U Want" - Matty Jacobson



THE SKEWED REVIEW | TELEVISION | MUSIC

Lady Gaga has certainly been making the rounds when it comes to her single "Do What U Want." She and R. Kelly have been seen grinding on stage at both "Saturday Night Live" and the American Music Awards.

However, she's also sang sans Kelly across the pond with an additional verse not heard on the single from her recent "ARTPOP" album. And on the most recent episode of "The Voice," she teamed up with Christina Aguilera for that rendition for her American audience.

I wouldn't call myself an Xtina fan. But there's something about the two of them on stage together that made me just a little bit giddy. When Gaga first jumped on the scene, she was getting compared to Christina left and right. So to see them taking part in a duet was almost surreal.

But it made me happy. Oh lordy, did it make me happy. In fact, I think I'll buy this version on iTunes. I kind of wish she'd do a studio version with Xtina with that additional verse.

That additional verse, by the way, is still hard to make out. Does anyone know how to translate Aguilera's singing voice?

The costumes, by the way, are a big plus. I can't get enough of that '70s glam look. Here's hoping the trend continues!

I hate "The Voice," but I loved the performance.


Here's the clip in case you missed it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment